Being A Blessing
Are you one of the ones who always want a blessing? You go to church to get a blessing? Do you something with the mindset of getting a blessing (something in return)? OR----do you want to be the blessing? This has been heavy on my heart for about three or four months now. Every day when I get up I pray and ask God to show me, teach me, tell me--How I can be a blessing to at least one person today. When you do this a really mean it, it will make you more aware of your words, actions, and atttitude. I have received several comments about how I have helped them. And I appreciate that. But this is what blessing someone is...................................................
It is when you do something for someone else who has less than you do. You have to mire in the dirt. You have to get dirty to help someone else sincerely. Some people think if they do something for someone that has what they have or more they are blessing them. At that point, they are doing someone a favor or trying to get in their favor for some reason. It is not a true blessing.
If you follow Jesus' life, He was a blessing to the ones who others would not help. The woman at the well. She had a name among her own people. Jews were not suppose to talk to her. But Jesus did. Jesus walked the roads. He helped who He came in contact with.
Are we doing that? Or --------- Are we picking and chosing who we want to help? Are we helping others for a certain motive or are we helping others who could never do anything for us at all? Are we helping others because of who they are or what they have or do we help others because of what we can help them be or achieve?
I chose to help others and be a blessing to others who are less fortunate than I am. I am willing to get a little dirty. I am willing to be a little uncomfortable. What about you? Search your heart today and pray about it. You can not be a leader without being a servant first. I pray for God bless you and your decisions today---------------------
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment