Taking The Small Things for Granted
This time of the year we get so caught up in the hustle of the season we forget about being greatful for the small things. I read this article in the paper about a lady's son who was being put to death for murdering someone. This lady probably tried to raise her son the right way. To do right from wrong, to go to church, to be respectful of others, and all the things we all teach our kids. But, as parents of older children, we know they do whatever they want when they get grown. People were shunning this lady because of what her son had done. Now, she was lossing her son. This lady needed friends she could depend on at this time.
How many of us are the same way as this lady's neighbors and old friends? Do we not speak and be friendly to others because of something that has happened to someone in their family? They probably had no control over their life and what they did. Just like I have to control over Jody's life and what he does right now.
I felt so sorry for the lady. She was so alone. Then I thought about the churches in her community. How they had lost the opportunity to be a servant of the Lord to her. To show her love. The greatest commandment. To love.
Let's not let opportunities like this pass us by. Don't take for granted someone is going to do your job. Step up to the plate and do your duty. Show an expression of love to someone who is hurting or lonely. I promise you will feel so much better. That is the meaning of Christmas.
God bless you all------------------
Tuesday, December 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment