HELLO, since I last blogged I have been to a Women's Conference and we have had a speaker at out church from Kenya. WOW !!! What a month. But, this has all happened since Sept. 22nd.
Yesterday I took out children to a local nursing home. I think I got more blessed by the faces brightening up and smiling than anyone else. The kids enjoyed it too.
I thank God for
Abraham. Abraham's family blessed the world. God used Abraham's family to establish principles. Methods change but principles never change. Principles of truth, righteousness, holiness, purity, morality, and family values, have not changed over the years. Abraham maintained a right relationship with God. Where Abraham went, he built an alter. Abraham maintained a spirit a generosity. The age we live in is cured with selfishness. Abraham was generous toward God and also to others. Abraham maintained a disciplined household. In Genesis 18:19 God says "For I know him." God is saying, "I know Abraham. I know his heart, how he feels. I know Abraham's head, I know what he thinks. I know Abraham's home, how he acts." God is an all knowing God. He knows how we feel, how we think, how we act, and how we react.
Three things to be done in every home:
1. Establish God's way.
2. Exercise God's wisdom in managing your family.
3. Exemplify God's will.
Our families need the same priorities, the same patterns, and the same principles that Abraham's family needed. They are not going to come from a book from the best seller list. We get them when we are on our face before God at an alter of prayer. Make a certain place in your home an alter area.
May God bless you----------------------------------
Sunday, October 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment