Friday, September 08, 2006

Acting and Thinking

Do you act the way you think? OR--Do you think the way you act? Sometimes we just act without thinking. That is when you really see what is in you.

I like to watch people and just listen to them. We had an important person from our home office at Wal-Mart visit our store. He came to talk to the employees to see what problems or grieves they had. Boy, when the employees found that out--they were in a buzz to bash a manager. I am just listening. They got around to asking me about what I was going to say. I told them I was going to see if I could get air conditioning or just a couple of ceiling fans because it was so hot in the section I work in and ask if we could get an ice machine for everybody so we could have cold drinks or water. This just floored them. I was told how I needed to speak up about how a manager was managing things. I talked to everyone a explained he was not here to hear how much we could bash a manager. By not doing that we would more than likely get things we wanted. With in reason of course. After I talked to him, he walked through my section I work and saw there was no air vents and no fans, and how hot it is. He said he knew the contractor for our store, and he would call him. Which is better than nothing, thank the Lord.

Everyone was seeing the results I got from this man so they changed their minds on what they were going to talk to him about. Anyway, the end result was he had made two pages of notes of questions people wanted answers to. He said he would see what he could do. But for everyone to remember a ship turns very slow but a sea doo can turn fast. This is a large company and things has a process and takes time. So be patient.

You all know I am on third shift. I do not like it. But I do it with the best attitude, positive words, and good actions that I can. After this happens at work, I come home and talk to God. Is this why I am still where I am? Are you still using me, Lord? I just need to move. Why is it not happening? Now? But, there is a couple more things God is going to use me for on third shift. I am being patient. It is just hard sometimes, especially when I get sio tired.

Just remember, the way you act and the way you think influence the people around you. Make sure the way you act and think coincide together. You will make a difference. God Bless you....

No comments: