My Family
This morning I was reading Acts 2. I have read this before. But, you know how you can read something more than once and get something different from it each time. Well, I guess that is what happened to me. Verse 44 is what really rocked me this morning.
Acts 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things in common;
This is saying they shared their wealth. If someone needed something, they all pitched in to make sure that person had what they needed. They eat together, they prayed together. They knew each other not just as friends but as brothers and sisters. That is what God is calling a family.
If we don't know each other in our church this way, we are not doing what we are suppose to do. We should not feel ashamed or embarrassed about our family knowing anything about us. Our family supports us 100%. So should our church family.
I would love to see CIOC become the family that is referred to in Acts. I believe we can, with a little effort on each of us. And God will bless us for it. There is nothing that could destroy us as long as we stand firm together as a family.
Hope to see you at the hobo Dinner Sunday. God Bless each of you........................
Friday, October 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment