Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Do you sometimes do something just because of the people you hang with? Or you think it is cool? I quite smoking almost 3 yrs. ago. The other night at work one of the girls who has "said" she was trying to quite, bummed a cigarette from someone else. She saw me and she laughed. She told me she was trying to stop so she had not bought any. That was when I told her I understood, I smoked for about 30 yrs. That caught her attention quick. She come running to me and ask how did you stop. So I got to tell her. I had prayed and ask God to take the taste away from me and He did. (Thank you, Lord). I told her I did not want a stick to controll my life any longer. Especially, since it was going to do harm to my body and in the long run make me sick. And that my body had to be clean from trash so I could do the Lord's work. I have noticed she is still smoking but at least I had the opportunity to witness to her. Who knows ---- you plant a seed and water it and it will grow. I am not giving up on her. I am just going to pray for her. And smile and speak to her every time I see her. Because one day she might want to come talk to me some more. God Bless.

No comments: