Thursday, June 29, 2006

I guess about all of you know I work at Wal-Mart on the third shift. You would not believe some of the things that happen during the night, while you are sleeping. I was amazed to see parents in the store during school time, with their children at 1 am til about 3 am. Mine had a bed time and it was not varied by much. What are these parents thinking? I would guess those kids are not on the honor roll. I don't even want to get on that road. Anyway, back to the people at Wally World. I had no idea until working here that many people stole stuff. Small kids to past retirement age will steal. An elderly couple was in there, she had a bottle of Maalox in her hand with her pocketbook open. Her husband (or man friend) ask her if she was going to get it. She saw me and said not right now, somebody is watching me. They both looked to be in their 70's. The biggest items in the pharmacy area for stealing are: 1. condoms 2. pregnancy test. Go figure. Who in their right mind would steal either of them? I would have to say---if you have to steal one or both--chances are you are going to get or be pregnant. I want to make a sign and hang it over the area of these products:

Do not steal!!!!! The Anderson Health Dept. will give you all the condoms you want
for free. And in case of a problem, pregnancy test are given free and are kept confident.
Thank you for your support.

But, it is not that they can not pay for what they want. I think it is to show off and see what they can get by with. I wasn't allowed to even touch anything in a store. I thought mama was mean. Thank God mama was mean, at least I never stole.
Then, you have the kids that come in and they are so polite. They say excuse me, ma'am, thank you, and they behave. They are the ones you know their mama is probably like mine was. If you touch something and you was not suppose to - - - she would slap you in the store with people looking.

Some nights are more active than others. Some of the workers laugh and say it must have something to do with the moon. If you are older, you know what I mean.

I just want to thank all the parents who are rising up children to know right from wrong. It is so important. Have a good day and God bless.

No comments: