Hello, this is my first time to blog. I am excited. I have been reading other blogs which have encouraged me to blog.
We, CIOC, has started reading the Bible through in a year using the Life Journal to write our notes in. This has made reading the Bible so easy. If you have not tried it, I encourage everyone to get this journal and start today. My husband, Tony. is doing this too. It is fun to read a couple of chapters, sit and ponder what you have just read and let it soak in to see what you get out of it. See, what makes this so exciting, everyone's journal will be different. Everyone gets something different from reading the same thing. I was trying to help Tony get started and what I got as my title from a certain scripture was totally different from Tony's title.
But that is okay. We are two different people.
I hope everyone is reading your Bible every day. If not start today. If you have a hard time understanding it, get a Message Bible. It is written like a story. Start out by just reading one chapter a day. And build up from that. If you have accepted the Lord as your Savior, you need God's word inside you. That is what makes you strong. If you do not know God's promises to you, you do not know what to expect. I personally want to know what God has promised me,
what He warns me about, what He expects me to do, and what God is going to do for me. See, I have found out I am SOMEBODY. I am an heir to the Heavenly Father. I CAN speak life to myself. I CAN heal myself. We need to know these things. I truly believe, If I do not receive the power God wants me to have, I lose out on some of my annointing God wants me to have. So, let's start getting the Word of God in us today, so we can be more powerful christians tommorrow.
Wednesday, May 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment