Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Why Do We Do Ministries?

Sometimes people ask us why we do the ministries we do. What do you tell them? Most people would say, "well, I don't know, but that is what our church just does." After reading the Bible and praying this came to me the other day. Jesus saves and heals. We as humans have nothing to do with that. We are just a vessel God uses to reach out to others. Our ministries are to help free people from bondage. As we love on them, talk to them, help them, etc., they become freer from their bondage. Now at the time I got this, I did not understand why or what it was all about. But last night at work, it was revealed to me. The very person I have prayed with and for, is being released from a bondage that has had her so tyied up she could not enjoy anything much in life. What an awful way to live. I have always enjoyed life. I love laughing even at small and simple things. Laughter is good for you. This person just never laughed. She said she did not see humor in things most people laugh about. She is so serious. I have been working on her for months. Well, last night she laughed and talked and said she felt better than she had in a long while. Bitterness and negativity will not rule her life any longer. Thank the Lord for answering prayers.
Never think what you do is not important. It is, regardless of the job. Just a smile can change a person's day or life. That is a responsibility that we should take serious. Make a commitment to yourself to always be cheerful and positive and it will rub off on the people that comes in contact with you.

No comments: