Thursday, May 11, 2006

Our Witness

Do we let our life be our witness? Or do we witness to others just when we feel like it? Two or three times rcently someone has told me they thought I never had any problems because I am always smiling and talking with people. But, to be perfectly honest, I have problems just like everyone else. I have been hurtting so bad the last two months in my lower back and hips, I have actually cried(I know you can not believe it). Tony did not even know that until Saturday. I have prayed for myself and the pain would ease off for a day or so then start back really bad again. This has been the cycle for awhile. I keep thanking God that I do not feel pain when I move. This Will go away. I will keep believing my God is My Great Physician. Anyway, are you letting a pain, illness, or everyday fustrations get to you so bad that you are hindering your witness for the Lord? I know some people who just lose it over little things that happen. I can not help but wonder, what are they going to do when major things go wrong? I just look for the good in situations. It is better than looking for the bad. If you will start looking for the good in all your situations, your outlook on everything else will change. This may not be easy at first. Ask God to give the strenghth so look for all good points in everything in your life. You may have to put some effect into this at first, but as you do it will be something you do from now on. I collect a couple of things, and when Tony was out of work, I told him I was going to sell them. He did not want me to. I explained it was just material things and material things is not imiportant anymore. As long as we have a roof, food, clothes, the things we really need---that is important. All material things are luxuries we can live without. I have prayed for God to use me in anyway He desires. I surrender all to him. I want His light to shime through me so people can see God in me and want what I have. I think maybe, God has used me to be positive and finding the good in people and situations to effect others around me.
Now don't get me wrong. I am not perfect. I find fault, and I am negative sometime. I try to catch it -- Quick. Because is not of God.
But just take a moment and ponder what is going on in your life that you could be more positive and find the good in. It may just change your life forever.

No comments: