Saturday, May 20, 2006
What you think
It is amazing to me how people think. I was talking to my supervisor the other night and she was telling me sometimes she thinks she is not worthy of this or that. She likes to help and please others, but does not see these things for herself. Well, I started talking to her about that. I explained what the Bible says about loving yourself as your neighbor. We all know you can not love your neighbor unless you do love yourself. That is a command from our Lord. God does want us to have things. He does want his children to be happy. God does not want us to worship anything other than Him, and He does not want us focusing on other things so strong we leave Him out of our lives. As humans, that is what happens alot of the time. If a man gets a new truck or a special vehicle. He is so wrapped up in it---he is talking to his friends, showing it off, washing it all the time(so it will shine), looking it over. You guys know what I am talking about. At that point, he has put God aside. That car/truck is his only focus. With that example, maybe that is why God does not allow all of us to have our every desire. He already knows what we will do. Put God first in you life. then little by little God will allow you more and more. he starts giving you a little bit at a time. It is the same way we do our children. We don't give them the whole cake at once. We give them a small slice to see if they are going to eat all of that piece first. When they do, we give them a little more as they get older, because we know they can handle it. God is raising children too. He is the one who came up with this plan. We didn't. We thought our parents, or grand-parents came up with these ideas. Wrong. Our Great Heavenly Father is the creator of all. He was raising children before our great-great-great grandparents came along. Read the Bible and see how God raised great honorable children. That is our example. But do not let satan tell you, you are not worthy of anything good. Receive God's blessings and favor over your life today. I am, because God created me and I am worthy of all God has in store for me. I want to walk in His blessings and favor. And I will praise and honor Him all of my days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment