Sunday, July 23, 2006
This morning I taught a lesson on the Fruits of the Spirit in children's Church. It was good. I gave the kids something to think about. I gave them examples of each fruit and used a light stick to demostrate the fruits in our lives. As I was talking to them, I explained that every Fruit of the Spirit is shown in our lives through every thing we do, say, act, feel toward another person. We can show love, kindness, goodness, gentleness, peace, happiness, and faith at some point in our lives. And self-control. But the self-control covers such big areas- - - it is a hard one to show and develope. Even as adults, sometimes don't we talk more than we listen- - - Self-control. Don't we eat more of the wrong foods- - - Self-control. I could keep on and on , but, you get the idea. Each child got to pick one of the Fruits to work on this week and report back next week. I can not wait. It will be exciting. When you have to teach something like this it makes you look at yourself more closely to see where you need to make changes. I know I sure did. And I saw one or maybe two things I need to work on.(ha, ha). Truth be known I can work on all nine in my life. The Pastor is going to be teaching on this in August I think. Now the children will know a little more about what he is talking about on Wednesday nights. Please pray for our children in our church and the teachers. If the Lord does not come soon, these children will be our leaders soon. Pastor Tyra and I are really working on planting something in each child that will stay with them for life. Thank you for the opportunity to teach your children. It has been a delight and a pleasure. You just don't know. Love you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Mary,
You and Tyra are AWESOME. Each Sunday you show those children what the love of God truly is. I appreciate all that you do! Know that the work you are doing is seen by God and by your Pastor :o)! Love you!
Post a Comment