Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Be Who You Were Created To BE

God created us in His own image. God also created us very unique. Each one of us is very different from anyone else on earth. So why do some people always wish they were someone else? This hit me today as I was doing something. You just hear people say "I wish I was like him/her." If you were that person, you would have that person's life. Yes, you would have the good times, money, and friends. But, you would also have the bad times, hardships, and other things we don't see. I have read the story about Gloria Vanderbilt. I think she had a very lonely life as a small child. Sure she was born into wealth. But, money does not make you happy. After she was grown, married, had children, she still had money. But money did not keep her from losing one of her sons. What a heartache. I had rather have just what I got right now, than to lose one of my children. I was born to parents who were not rich as far as money but we had alot of happiness. I would not trade that for nothing. I can remember my parents, and my brother and I sitting on mama and daddy's bed playing a game. The funniest game we made up was each had to take a turn whistling a tune and we had to guess what is was. My dad was the only one who could whistling really good. My brother and I were like 9 and 10 yrs. old. So of course our whistling was not understandable. But it was fun.
The way I grew up made me into the person I am today. I understand hard times, appreciate the good times, and enjoy the happy times. I can be satisfied with simple things. Don't let what you see from the outside influence you so thinking everything is so great. The very things you can not see is what really has made the person. And most of the time it is the hard times, and the pains they have had to endure that has molded the person.
Be yourself and be happy. If you are not happy find out why and start doing something positive to be happy. God created you and God Does NOT make mistakes. God Bless.

No comments: