Outreach Or Witnessing?
I guess most all of you know how much I love to do outreach. I have really missed it. But I have not been able to find anyone who wants to do outreach- - - but ME. But that's okay, god will just use me in another way til I can do outreach.
Everybody at work knows me. They know I am a christian and I believe 100% in prayer. We were in the breakroom last night and a lady started asking me questions. she said she was raised in church but there was some things that she had heard lately that she had never heard before. Everyone told her she was asking the right person. First, she was asking about missing your blessing by not asking for more. She had gone to a church Sunday morning and the Pastor was talking about it, but she did not understand. I gave her the Bible verse, and explained whatever I can ask for, think of, or imagine, God can do exceedingly more than that. She was asking about getting a whipping for God. There was several things she was asking about. Oh, one of her questions was, Is there some people who keep asking for forgiveness that are not forgiven. Of course we all know, as christians we sin, but if we keep deliberately sinning god will not keep forgiving. At some point we have to know we can not keep doing wrong and expect forgiveness. To make it simple, my earthly parents would let me make a mistake and not say Too much. But if I kept making the same mistake- - - you better believe I was going to be feeling something other than a few soft words.
We had a great talk and several admitted they learned something they did not know. So, was that outreach or witnessing? I say it was a little of both.
As I walked back to my department I could not help but smile and say Thank You, Lord. I thank God I have a Pastor who has actually taught me something and not just said some words in the pulpit. There is a big difference. I am also thankful that God has put something inside of me to want to know Him more.
When was the last time someone asked you questions about the Bible or God? Is it because your life that people see is not reflecting God? Always remember, if you proclaim to be a christian, ask yourself before you do or say something, Is God being reflected in this? If not, do not do it or say it. God Bless you and your family.
Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment